You can use other frontend framework, for instance angular.js or even vue.js but the main advantages of react are the following:
- It’s the V in MVC (Model-View-Controller), you only have to deal with the View.
- Virtual DOM - It is and abstraction of the HTML DOM. It is better to think of this as React’s implementation of DOM that allows a specific component to update when there are new data instead of forcing a full page update.
- JSX - React.js uses JSX that makes easier to read the code of each component. Of course you can do react without JSX however it’s way easier and it is the future.
- One-way data flow - The properties and immutable and are passed from the father components to its children.
- Components - Since it’s based on components, it’s easier to re-use and to maintain.
- React Native - You can re-use the React.js components to build a native iOS and Android application.
- Server-Side - It supports server side rendering, if desired, to be SEO friendly.
Since React.js only deals with the View, in MVC, the backend it’s completely independent allowing it to be PHP, C# or Java.
By Pedro Resende | Senior Full Stack Developer and Team Leader | via LinkedIn